Hardware (Engine OS)
- Engine DJ Profiles - Introducing Engine DJ Profiles. Create a custom DJ profile to personalize your Engine DJ device, easily register your hardware, and automatically log in to your music streaming service subscriptions with a single device login.
- Participating music streaming services include:
- Amazon Music Unlimited
- SoundCloud Go
- Manage your profile information, connected services, and authorized devices online by logging in to your profile at http://device.enginedj.com
- Engine Cloud Database - Access crowd-sourced metadata and beat grid information for supported streaming services. Once a track has been analyzed by a user logged into their Engine DJ profile, the beat grid, key, and BPM data are uploaded to the Engine Cloud Database for immediate access in streaming service track lists without analysis.
- Match - Easily find songs in your library lists compatible with songs loaded to the decks with new, intelligent, and powerful Match filters.
- Match can be applied in playlists, Smartlists, Search, Prepare, and History lists.
- Match is available for local media devices, Engine Remote Library, and streaming tracks that have automatically been added to a drive collection by loading to the deck or adding them to the Prepare playlist while a source drive is connected.
- Configure Match rules from the icon in the Library view. Match rules include:
- Follow Lead Deck
- Match to Deck
- BPM Range
- Key Type: Fuzzy, Compatible, Exact
- Genre: Close, Exact
- Hide Played
- Fader Echo - Automatically apply an Echo effect by lowering a channel fader or moving the crossfader away from the mix-out deck. This allows for seamless transitions when mixing tracks. Fader Echo is enabled via the swipe-down menu or by pressing the fader icon in the top header bar. Additional Fader Echo parameters can be found in the FX tap of the device preferences.
- Phase Meter - The new dynamic Phase Meter provides high visibility of the deck’s beat offset from the lead deck. Phase Meter is available for all Engine DJ devices, and Media Players can switch between the Beat Keeper or the new Beat Phase Meter.
- Added touchscreen FX selection to PRIME 4 and PRIME 4+
- Added the ability to switch the Prime GO VU meters to show channel levels
- Added the ability to trigger playback of Saved Loops when in a paused state.
Improvements and Fixes
- Added the ability to tap the FX Select GUI element to select an effect.
- Added an FX tab to the device Settings menu to better group FX options.
- Flanger Touch FX Amount can now be controlled using the Y-axis.
- Noise Gate Touch FX now features a volume slider for the Noise parameter.
- Fixed an issue where the Ping Pong effect parameter would not visually represent the state of the effect (PRIME 4 and PRIME 4+).
- Ableton Link now has an offset time option to correct the phase.
- Fixed a Playlist Deck issue that resulted in no audio output when Amazon Music Unlimited was the source.
- Added Resolume Support for PRIME 4+
- Improved Wi-Fi interoperability
- Improved moving waveform rendering
- Other various stability enhancements & improvements
- Added support for macOS Sonoma
Improvements and Fixes
Smartlists text fields (Album, Artist, Comment, Genre, Label, and Title) now have the following new conditions:
Fixed an issue where Engine DJ could hang when trying to eject a drive under certain conditions.
Fixed an issue where the Sync manager would fail to export a track if there were duplicate tracks in different playlists.
Other various stability enhancements & improvements